After being in business for more than 20 years, we’d like to provide some important advice and information to enhance your experience with us:
- Orders generally take up to 5 business days to process from the time you place your order. Transit time by ground service will add another 2-5 business days (for US destinations) depending on your location from Connecticut.
- Shipping costs are based on weight, dimensions, and destination of your order. We will do our best to get you an accurate quote, but cannot give you exact shipping costs prior to preparing your shipment.
- When planning your order, please bear in mind that yardage shipped may vary slightly from what you have ordered. Wholesale industry standard is a 10% over or under ordered amount. Please specify if you need an exact amount.
- Eco and sustainable textile production brings out many of the beautiful and natural characteristics of each fabric. It also makes it challenging to regulate specific fabric properties (such as knit weight and color) from lot to lot. Even though each lot has been carefully inspected, minor product variation still occurs (but is considered within tolerance range). Please check with one of our customer service representatives before ordering if you are concerned about matching a previous order.
- No two lots of ‘Natural’ and dyed colors will be exactly the same shade.
Placing Your Order
- Please specify if you need continuous lengths of fabric. Multiple cuts may occur due to the length limits of some of our fabrics.
- Smaller orders are shipped folded in a box unless otherwise specified. On larger orders we may roll more than one fabric on a roll to save on shipping costs. Please let us know if you have special packing requirements. Surcharges may apply.
- Please check your order for any inconsistencies before cutting, dying, or laundering the fabric. Unfortunately, we cannot take returns if you have altered the fabric in any form. Any dissatisfaction should be addressed within 30 days of receiving your order.
- If an order is drop-shipped to your contractor, make sure you yourself or a trusted person inspects the fabric before any production process is started!
- For quality control purposes, our manufacturers sometimes take a sample hole from knit fabrics to test weight and color fastness. Our shipper will give extra fabric when pulling an order to compensate for lost fabric due to holes.
- After we have shipped your order, you may request copies of our organic certifications for your records.